November 20, 2012

Run for hope 2012

Woke up super early for this year run for hope :D... Quite a different pov this time...stationed as water team instead of runners. For water team, We were there at 6am in the morning to station at garden by the bay east, sector 7 of the run. Yh bought 2 pails the night before the event which was really effective at the front line when the big crowd ran in. *bravo*

The walk from barrage to garden by the bay east reminds me how much I misses morning (I usually wakes up around 9am when the sun already suck dry the air).. Fresh air filled with woody musk smell mixture from the grass and soil...

At first there was really nothing much for us to do except to wait behind 8 table full of plastic cup filled with water!!! From far we could see the crowds running along marina barrage turning into gardens by the bay, I was so excited don't know why..(someone who barely knows me says that I m easily amazed... Quite true lol) haaa I eagerly wait for my thirsty customers to drink our sparkling water... In less that a few minutes the crowd flying in non stop... We don't even have time to hand the cup to them.... Water was splashing everywhere... Luckily there wasn't any 100+, otherwise we will be very sticky... i was busy pouring and refilling the emptied tables and enjoying flashes of people running past me... I can feel their heart beat... Pi pok.. Pi pok.. Pi pok..

This is my fav part of the reward...

"thanks for helping out today, really appreciated!" "thanks you guys for helping!"

Upon hearing that, I told myself be more appreciative to those Marshall and water team during run... Be sure to shout loudly and smile "thanks for the water!!! Really appreciate that!" Instead of just a weak & breathless "thanks!"... there are times where I just sneak pass quietly took a cup without even saying thanks to anyone...

Or should i run and hug them with lots a hug and kisses instead... Haaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitt twitt...

    follow me on Twitter